create with cathy
"If the path is beautiful, let's not ask where it leads."
write with me
What I love about writing: it's available to anyone who wants to use it. Whatever your background or age, I can help you tell your stories in your voice.
This can be exciting and a bit scary, but it’s wonderful to jump in with a the support of other writers. With more than 20 years’ experience as a workshop leader and published author, I can guide you through it!
Topics include memoir, creative writing, poetry, literature, essay for teens, and marketing for artists and writers. I also lead author interview and book discussion groups for individuals, nonprofits and corporations.
I’m certified as a workshop leader by Amherst Writers & Artists, a writing organization founded on the belief that everyone is a writer. AWA has supported practiced and emerging voices through a proven workshop method for more than 30 years.
Group Poetry Reading with Elaine Sexton
NYC, Thursday, March 17, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Willa Cather Room, Jefferson Market Library
- Ossining Public Library Memoir Writing, Tuesdays 1:30-3:00 p.m. (ongoing)
- Irvington Public Library Memoir Writing beginning Friday, March 18, 12:00-1:00 p.m. (six sessions)
- Larchmont Public Library "Boys in the Boat" Book Discussion Group April 4, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Reading Discussion Group: Stories of the Suburbs, four sessions beginning April 25.
- New York State Council for Humanities-funded project “What Matters Senior Writing Circle Peekskill Senior Citizens Center. Introduction, Thursday March 17. Six sessions, Fridays 10-11
kind words for cathy
“I have enjoyed your Memoir Writing Class immensely!
It has provided a stimulating impetus to do what writers
need to do... WRITE!”
“Thank you for creating such a supportive environment. The class helped me recognize the overarching themes in my writing, providing me with the structure I needed to get the words on the page.”
“I have acquired some intensely useful perspective, and technique, in your group—ways to approach my writing that are genuinely helpful. I am grateful for your unwavering support.”
read my books
(click on images to view)
read my poems
(click on title to view)
American Journal of Nursing
Click hereto edit text
Email: [email protected]